Summer 2024: Day 4

I was so looking forward to a nice evening, sitting on the porch, writing, enjoying the first real warm but cool night we've had this year.

Nope, didn't happen. A fire came up at work, and it took me more than an hour to sort it out. I should know better than to rage-message after 9 p.m. (though I think I was rather restrained). But at least I'm pounding this out late.

Today was gorgeous, a bit warm -- we turned the air conditioning on for a few hours. Michael took over the patio table with some home repair work he's doing, so I worked inside for some of the day. Later, I went to Starbucks, where I didn't get done the thing I wanted to get done because of another fire. I grilled drumsticks and pork chops, which turned out great (at least for the chicken, I was told it turned out great), walked the dogs, hung out with Lori for a little while and watched an episode of "Benson," and then made the mistake of looking at my emails.

Holidays are great, but holiday weeks are nuts -- tomorrow is already Wednesday and I am facing way too much on my plate. At least the weekend will be hear soon enough.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nobody did it better

Seems like yesterday, but it was long ago

Another Saturday night, and I ain't got nobody