Summer 2024: Day 4

I was so looking forward to a nice evening, sitting on the porch, writing, enjoying the first real warm but cool night we've had this year.

Nope, didn't happen. A fire came up at work, and it took me more than an hour to sort it out. I should know better than to rage-message after 9 p.m. (though I think I was rather restrained). But at least I'm pounding this out late.

Today was gorgeous, a bit warm -- we turned the air conditioning on for a few hours. Michael took over the patio table with some home repair work he's doing, so I worked inside for some of the day. Later, I went to Starbucks, where I didn't get done the thing I wanted to get done because of another fire. I grilled drumsticks and pork chops, which turned out great (at least for the chicken, I was told it turned out great), walked the dogs, hung out with Lori for a little while and watched an episode of "Benson," and then made the mistake of looking at my emails.

Holidays are great, but holiday weeks are nuts -- tomorrow is already Wednesday and I am facing way too much on my plate. At least the weekend will be hear soon enough.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer, Day 8

Vacation finale

The better-late-than-never solstice post