Summer 2024: Days 40-45

The past week has been mostly uneventful, perhaps a bit boring, even with the Fourth of July holiday. I worked, grilled, went running a few mornings, lounged in the heat, and took it easy when I wasn't working. 

We've experienced some pet drama with Charlotte being freaked out by fireworks and Popcorn having a large cyst drain that required a vet visit when it became infected. They're both OK now. Popcorn is moving a bit slowly but still brings her sunny attitude to everything, I started walking them separately in the evening so Popcorn can enjoy all the smells while Charlotte can get all her wiggles out.

Wow, I really don't have too much to write about these past six days. Lori and I went to Trader Joe's yesterday so I could stock up on some meals while she, Michael and Ben are in the Pacific Northwest this week. I bought a smaller backpack from Nordstrom Rack for my upcoming Allegiant Air flight, and found new sunglasses at Kohl's. We hit Costco a few days ago, too. I watched "Beverly Hills Cop: Axel F" today, and it was at least better than "Beverly Hills Cop 3." 

I likely need to start a new jigsaw puzzle or resume my Strat-o-Matic project. The evenings have felt lazy, and maybe I need that. but I want to shake that off this week. Summer continues ...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer, Day 8

Vacation finale

The better-late-than-never solstice post