Summer 2024: Days 46-63

Too many days without writing. The drive just isn't there right now.

The heat has been overbearing. Work has been a bit of slog but not terrible. Lori and Michael were out of town for almost two weeks, Ben was out for one. 

Ben completed his club swimming career, high school segment, with a solid state long-course meet. He will move into the dorms soon, and it still hasn't quite settled in.

My knee has been a little sore, but I've been running a lot and eating moderately non-stupid ... and I'm the lightest I've been maybe before the pandemic.

Not too many other highlights -- it's not easy when you don't blog for 18 days. Went to the doctor after feeling a combination of gas and pinched nerves that resulted in chest pains right around my heart. Everything checked out, but my PA wants me to see a cardiologist even though he is confident it wasn't heart-related. Sat in a dunk tank for the first time -- that was fun, if not totally juvenile (it was so hot, and I saw the dunk tank and basically asked if I could get dunked). The dogs cuddled on the bed every night in Lori's absence. I hung out with the cat a couple evenings -- she was feeling lonely.

Vacation starts tomorrow, and I'm ready to get out of Utah again. I love summer, but the heat is wearing on me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer, Day 8

Vacation finale

The better-late-than-never solstice post