Coronavirus Chronicles: Drive, nap, walk, write

After getting Michael out of the neighborhood Friday, Ben and I went on our own little adventure today. We drove down to Lehi, through Eagle Mountain, up to Tooele, and then to ... West Valley City. I was thinking maybe we could hike a little today, but the skies were alternately ominous and sunny, and Great Salt Lake Park looked a little crowded. So instead, we went to In 'n' Out near Valley Fair, via the efficient and socially distant drive-thru, and ate our lunch in the mall's parking lot as a seagull eyed the RAV4 longingly.

The sky was angry at the Pony Express Trail parking lot.
I swore I wasn't going to nap after we got home, but the Sunday need to doze overtook me, and I fell asleep a little longer than anticipated (hopefully, it doesn't ruin my sleep routine tonight ...). After a little yardwork, a little writing on the porch, and dinner, Ben and I went for a long walk with the dog. He said he had a good day -- he needed to get away as much as I did, if not more.

The rest of the evening has been mellow, writing and watching "Life in Pieces" reruns on Hulu. The workweek looks manageable -- a little busy, but nothing crazy, and well, the weeks have returned to normal speed and next weekend will be here before I know it. This four-day break wasn't quite super rejuvenating, but it has helped. Plus, I was able to spend time with the boys away from the house. No pandemic can diminish that. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seems like yesterday, but it was long ago

Nobody did it better

50 for 50: 1985