Summer 2022: Days 8-9

We have good friends who are in Korea until the end of the month, and we are house-sitting and taking care of their dogs while they're gone. They also have an in-ground pool, and today, for four hours, I worked from their shady patio, jumping in the pool and subsequently lounging on a giant frog float a in between longer spurts of work.

This is one of the reasons I love working remotely during the summer. I'm not stuck inside an office as the season passes me by. I can get work done while still thoroughly enjoying summer.

The last two days have been warm, and the weekend will be even hotter. I didn't run this morning -- my day was full of meetings and I couldn't quite fit it in beforehand. Only one meeting was at the pool, which I concluded by jumping into the slightly chilled water on Zoom. I hope they didn't think I was rubbing my cool work locale in too much ...

Lori also worked by the pool for those four hours and I think was equally inspired. We picked up Cupbop for dinner, and Lori and Ben went back to spend the night and watch the dogs.

Yesterday was a busy day, too (and no pool), but summer days get like this. Ben is working and swimming, Michael is working almost full-time, and both Lori and I are swamped this month. 

That's OK. I'm jumping back into the pool tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seems like yesterday, but it was long ago

Nobody did it better

Batting averages, part 3