Summer 2022: Day 71

The second day of vacation was busy. I had hoped to wake up early and go for a walk or run, but I slept to 8:30 and wasn't sad about it. I made a bagel for breakfast, took a shower, and ran to the store to get some provisions for the hike Ben, my sister Julie, and I were going to take.

Before the hike even began, something noteworthy occurred. I had never been a passenger in a car my sister, who has not been the most confident driver over the decades, was driving. With every little bit of traffic, I could sense her trepidation, but she did great. 

The hike at Mad Creek was wonderful. The whole trip was about four miles total, culminating in a restored barn. The grasshoppers were out in force around the born, and Ben captured a picture of marmot sunning itself on a rock. The hike was strenuous but not overly taxing, but I was nonetheless exhausted when we got back to the house.

The pool at the condo complex is still closed, so I took a cooling shower and tried not to fall asleep afterward. We met Julie and Tom at Mambo, a great pizza place in town. Following dinner, Lori, Ben, and I drove to Fish Creek Falls, where we walked a quarter mile to an impressive waterfall and stream. Ben and I soaked our feet in the cold water for several minutes.

I realize, the day doesn't sound that busy, but it was. I'm read to call it a night. I was sitting outside, but the bugs were annoying. Tomorrow, we head to Denver.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seems like yesterday, but it was long ago

Nobody did it better

Batting averages, part 3