Summer 2022: Days 58-63

The last month or so of summer has begun, and I'm of course wondering where July went. Although I feel like I've gotten much done the past month, and the break has been a bit rejuvenating, I also feel like I'm running out of time. The last couple days have been a bit lazier -- which is sort of the point of the Joe-batical -- but I'm looking to ramp things up this week.

Lori is on Costa Rica on a Pilates retreat. An opportunity came up for her to go on this trip kind of last minute, and she so deserves the adventure. The boys and I are holding down the fort while she's gone.

The heat finally broke today, and a thunderstorm rumbled through Salt Lake City tonight. I ran many errands over the weekend and am at a point I don't have to do much else this week. I was hoping to go to the pool last week, but it never worked out -- I did lounge in the sun in the backyard (and self-dunked with the hose to cool off) a few times instead. This is one of the things I enjoy every summer: basking in the heat that is missed the rest of the year, then cooling off, then repeat. I'm not sure if not being a swimmer as a kid reinforced that as an adult, but it is as summer to me as late sunsets, green trees, baseball, and vacations.

Not much else was notable the last few days. I ran this morning and was tired -- there was some unusual humidity (for SLC at least) and I hadn't been out in a few days. Michael and I went to IKEA on Saturday, which is always and adventure. I took the dog to the H Rock one evening to watch one of those summer sunsets.

And today, I got some stuff down but also lounged, watching "Spider-Man 2" (after watching "Collateral" yesterday). Maybe I'll blog about Tuesday and just Tuesday tomorrow night.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seems like yesterday, but it was long ago

Nobody did it better

Batting averages, part 3