Legends of the fall

Autumn has been chugging by so fast, which is a good thing, but there has been one oddity as Halloween approaches: Hardly any of the leaves off our two trees have fallen.

The leaves have changed colors, and a few are starting to drop, but it's Oct. 27 and I haven't raked yet. Normally, I would have raked for the first time a few weeks ago.

It's not unusual for some trees here in Salt Lake to lose their leaves all at once around the first week of November. But not ours -- a small maple and our big tree of which I have no idea what brand it is. Maybe because spring sucked so bad and our leaves came a little late resulted in them falling late, too. Maybe it's just been the nice weather this fall.

I'll have to rake soon, I bet this weekend. We'll be ready.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer, Day 8

Vacation finale

Nine days after the solstice