October road

The weather in Utah is finally starting to cool a little.

It's been a warm fall here, and the leaves have barely started to drop from the trees. My seasonal clock hasn't been helped by my recent trip to the Yucatan Peninsula for a short vacation with the guys (not that I'm complaining -- it was a fun trip). My birthday is less than three weeks away, but autumn quite hasn't arrived yet.

I'm in no rush, but I do like this time of year. If it's going to get cold and gray, it might as well happen gradually than all at once. I just wish it was this warm last spring instead.

I've gone through some of my October rituals. The front yard is decorated for Halloween. I made my annual Farmer's Almanac purchase, and the sweatshirts have been broken out. No raking yet, but that will come soon enough. In the meantime, I already looked in the almanac to see when the days start getting longer again. Autumn is fun for a couple weeks, then I'm ready for spring. It's just too bad winter gets in the way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nobody did it better

Seems like yesterday, but it was long ago

Another Saturday night, and I ain't got nobody