Dude, where's my blizzard

A windy blizzard was predicted to hit Salt Lake City today. The region prepared itself. Schools closed early. Events were canceled. People stocked up on provisions for the next few days and into the holiday.

And yes, the storm was bad in some parts of the area. Just not on our side of town.

I'm typing this after looking out the window and seeing about a half-inch of snow. The wind has died down. All is calm. All is bright.

We got more snow with a little event over the weekend. And to think, I went to the store to get food to prepare for the next few days. I filled up the gas tank in the Outback. I went to Blockbuster for entertainment for our shut-in forecast.

It wasn't all for naught. The temperature is supposed to drop to un-November temperatures. I'm signed up for a 5K on Thanksgiving morning; I don't think I'm going to run it if the temperature is in single digits. Even my ex-boxer track coach in high school would keep us inside if it dipped below 15.

Maybe I shouldn't taunt the weather. Lake effect snow is predicted tomorrow, and sometimes here, the lake effect snow shoots far into the valley along a narrow path. But for now, this is the Y2K of storms -- all hype, plenty of preparation, and an unimpressive result.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer, Day 8

Vacation finale

Nine days after the solstice