The golden age of television

There's always this goal: Find more time to write, perhaps by watching less TV. And for the summer, that works well. Then late September comes, the new seasons kick in ... and I find myself in front of the television more than I should.

I really like to think I don't watch that much TV. Right now, the only things I have DVR'd are "The Big Bang Theory," "How I Met Your Mother," "The Mentalist," "Modern Family,"The Amazing Race" and "The League." I'm hanging on to "How I Met Your Mother" just to get through this last season, and "The League" is a short season and will end in November. Unfortunately, all six are going at once, and it's a lot of extra hours during a time when I don't really have it.

Beyond that, I had taken the first season of "The Wire" out of the library a couple weeks ago. It's really good, and I went to reserve the second season, thinking it would take some time before it was available. Surprisingly, it was available right away, and now I'm hooked into that.

In the meantime, I'll try multitasking while watch these shows. I reserved the second season of "Homeland" from the library, and fortunately, I'm 111th on the waiting list. It can wait.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer, Day 8

Vacation finale

Nine days after the solstice