Summer 2016: Days 113-118

Well, I couldn't escape summer without one cold.

There were a couple days I felt nasally but nothing came of it. I saw Lori and Ben get minor colds but avoided one myself. I had that stomach bug a couple months ago, but it only lasted a day. I made it through Thursday and Friday last week, enjoyed the pool Saturday, and was fine. Sunday, I was a little tired but still was ready to take on the world.

Then, about 2 p.m., I felt that little congestion in the back of my sinuses, and a little drip into my throat. I started my anti-cold assault (Cold-Eze, Tylenol, Chlor-Trimeton) almost immediately, but to no avail. I woke up in the middle of the night with a bad sore throat from the drip, and the cold was officially in progress.

Monday was a bit rough but I did manage to get out of the house -- we all went to Savers to buy pants for our growing boys. I restocked on tissues and throat drops at Walmart on the way back. Today wasn't so bad -- I was tired but not wrecked, and the sore throat is gone. I watched Michael's basketball tryout and didn't need one Kleenex for my nose. Still a little stuffy, and I'm sure the cough that is a staple of most of my colds is on its way. But I think I made it through the worst of it and can focus on fall.

Some other highlights of the past six days:

  • Two fantasy drafts, and I think I did well.
  • Jumped off the diving board for the last time this summer Saturday. Grilled burgers for dinner.
  • The weather cooled off, and it feels nice, almost a little fall-like.
  • We went to the Farmer's Market downtown on Saturday.
  • The holiday weekend went too fast -- just like the whole summer.

Tomorrow is the last day of my defined summer, which starts sometime in May and runs through the night before the NFL opener. Ben says this was his best summer ever. I'm thinking it was pretty good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer, Day 8

Vacation finale

Nine days after the solstice