Summer 2017: Day 107, the last day of summer

And that's a wrap!

I wish I had written more this summer, something I need to figure out for the fall. And I wish I had not gained 10 pounds in the last month, but I'm taking steps there too (tracking calories again; it always helps). Although I'll miss summer, as I always do, I'm not annoyed that it went so fast this year.

Make no mistake -- it did go fast. The past few summers have settled into this routine:
  1. School ends
  2. A couple weeks with nothing big, maybe a basketball camp and a swim meet
  3. Two basketball tournaments here in town
  4. Fourth of July
  5. A week or two of just summer
  6. Michael's Vegas tourney
  7. The state swim meet
  8. Vacation
  9. School begins
  10. Labor Day

All these mini steps go fast -- so fast that before you know it, summer is over.

The heat was back today, and even hazier skies. I hear the crickets chirping from my front porch. This summer was good, bordering on great. I wish I hiked more and didn't get chunky (vacation kills me ...), and I don't think I saw a single movie all summer, but I was never bored, got to spend time with the boys, and took in all the sun and water that I could. Work was smooth.

So basically, there isn't much for me to complain about. These summers don't last long, and I know the number of summers with the boys is finite and winding down, but I thankfully never felt like this summer was wasted. Until 2018 -- and really, there is no rush -- my summer blogging takes a break.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer, Day 8

Nine days after the solstice

Vacation finale