Lazy day of summer

I vow to myself every summer not to waste any days during this, my favorite season. But sometimes, you just need to have a lazy day.

The last couple weeks have been quite busy, compounded by the fact we only had one car. Now that we're back to two cars, and there was no overriding reason for the boys and me to get out of the house today ... we didn't get out of house. We weren't completely lazy: I filled up the kiddie pool for us, and after dinner we took a drive in our new 2002 Outback up Little Cottonwood Canyon. But mostly, that was it. We won't be as non-active tomorrow, but for today, taking it easy was fine -- the boys were still tired out by the end of the day, as evidenced by Eldest falling asleep on our drive at 7:15 p.m.

After the boys went to bed, I settled down to watch a movie, saw what time it was, saw the setting sun, and knew getting out for a walk would do me good. Not a long walk, not a run, but just a short walk to see the summer sunset, of which there is a finite amount. Perhaps there is a fine line between being a little lazy and wasting a summer day. I'd like to think my late walk put my day on the right side of that line.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer, Day 8

Vacation finale

Nine days after the solstice