2018 ...

The Facebook memory from yesterday said it all. On New Year's Eve 2009, the day before the new decade, I declared that the '00s were a blur.

Here on the first day of 2018, I realize that nine years ago, I had no real idea what a blur really was.

Our New Year's Day was mellow. Ben went bowling with his swim team, and the two of us picked up a few things at WinCo afterward. I took the dog for a long walk and listened to some podcasts (two of my resolutions for 2018 -- more exercise and more podcasts). The basketball schedules finally were released for the winter, and Lori and I tried sorting through that. Lori made us ham scalloped potatoes for dinner, and we watched a little football (Georgia beating Oklahoma in double overtime).

My wish for the new year, after its first day, is that it's anything but a blur.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer, Day 8

Vacation finale

Nine days after the solstice