Summer 2019: Day 34

Happy Independence Day! This might have been the most mellow Fourth of July in years. We skipped the parade, didn't go see any fireworks, and barely did anything all day. I took Popcorn for a longer walk in the morning so I wouldn't have to worry about her during the evening fireworks. Lori and I went to Smith's to get some food for the day, and then we all headed to the home of some good friends. They are out of town and said we could use their pool. So, it was basically just us swimming, enjoying the hot tub, and blessedly relaxing. A storm moved through and cooled the holiday, but we were nestled underneath the deck. Ben and I played his new game, Unstable Unicorns.

I grilled burgers and hot dogs for dinner after we got home. We started watching the third season of "Stranger Things." And I finished the day thankful it was so mellow -- there weren't even many fireworks going off late because of the rain.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer, Day 8

Vacation finale

Nine days after the solstice