Coronavirus Chronicles: Mellow Monday

Today was not so bad -- it seemed to go fast. I slept well last night and woke up at a reasonable time. Work wasn't super productive but not a total bust, either. I'm optimistic for Tuesday that I will be at my full creative power.

I allowed myself a little bit of news and social media today (and the couple things I did see pissed me off), but I'm hoping for a full blackout tomorrow. The difficulty is websites that I'm not going to for COVID-19 news, such as YouTube or my email accounts, are still providing it to me. But I didn't let myself go all in on news today. I still have the crisis more on my mind than I want to at 9 p.m., but I'm hoping to unwind enough for the next couple hours.

We found out Ben will be out of school until May 1. Michael is already out until April 20, but I bet that gets extended. I was hoping we'd only be looking at three more weeks of distancing, but I'm betting five is more realistic. The crisis is supposed to spike this week in the U.S., another reason I'm ready for a news blackout.

We're doing our part by self-isolating and staying away from others even when we are out. For dinner, we picked up burgers from Stratford Proper (supporting a local business), and I took the dog for a nice walk in the evening. Not many people were even out walking tonight, though the skies were alternately partly cloudy (with a stunning sunset) and ominous, which might have contributed to the reticence.

I want these weeks to go quickly so everything can get back to normal, though I know that will take a long time even when we aren't socially distancing. However, I don't need the night to arrive so quickly. I'm ready to stop worrying about all this. At least, we're safe and healthy, doing our part the best we can.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer, Day 8

Vacation finale

Nine days after the solstice