Summer 2021: Day 4

After a productive Saturday and Sunday, I didn't quite feel in the mood to get a lot done on Memorial Day.

I did run this morning, which felt great, and Ben and I went walked the dog in the evening. Dinner was cheeseburgers, hot dogs, and drumsticks on the grill, which was just fantastic. I always connect Memorial Day with generic cream soda -- I have a memory of drinking it at my Grandma Elsie's house for the holiday barbecue when I was a kid -- and I had a 12-pack of it in the basement to enjoy while I'm grilling. However, Michael drank all my sodas, so I was stuck with a beer (a Red Rooster Blackberry Cream Ale).

The rest of the day I relaxed. Although I missed my soda, I did sit on the porch writing while enjoying a Dad's Root Beer. I also took a short nap in the afternoon, and played a game of Strat-o-Matic baseball in the evening. And I didn't even think about working, even just a little bit.

This was a nice start to the "official" summer season. Let's hope it doesn't fly by.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seems like yesterday, but it was long ago

Nobody did it better

50 for 50: 1985