Summer 2024: Days 40-45

The past week has been mostly uneventful, perhaps a bit boring, even with the Fourth of July holiday. I worked, grilled, went running a few mornings, lounged in the heat, and took it easy when I wasn't working. 

We've experienced some pet drama with Charlotte being freaked out by fireworks and Popcorn having a large cyst drain that required a vet visit when it became infected. They're both OK now. Popcorn is moving a bit slowly but still brings her sunny attitude to everything, I started walking them separately in the evening so Popcorn can enjoy all the smells while Charlotte can get all her wiggles out.

Wow, I really don't have too much to write about these past six days. Lori and I went to Trader Joe's yesterday so I could stock up on some meals while she, Michael and Ben are in the Pacific Northwest this week. I bought a smaller backpack from Nordstrom Rack for my upcoming Allegiant Air flight, and found new sunglasses at Kohl's. We hit Costco a few days ago, too. I watched "Beverly Hills Cop: Axel F" today, and it was at least better than "Beverly Hills Cop 3." 

I likely need to start a new jigsaw puzzle or resume my Strat-o-Matic project. The evenings have felt lazy, and maybe I need that. but I want to shake that off this week. Summer continues ...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nobody did it better

Seems like yesterday, but it was long ago

Another Saturday night, and I ain't got nobody