Boys will be boys

Today was a big grocery shopping day for the boys and me -- we went to Wal-Mart and Costco. They did well -- no tantrums, no crabbiness, and Eldest helped get things off the shelves. We ate at Costco, and something struck me on how unique boys, especially brothers, are. We were wrapping up, and Littlest wanted to throw out some garbage, while Eldest was getting me more soda. After returning with the Coke, he walked over to the returning Littlest, and instead of walking directly back, they took a wide running berth near the tire department before reaching our cart.

Maybe you had to be there to understand, but the first thing that struck me was how much my boys were acting like ... boys. Why walk right back when you have energy to spend? And I believe brothers feed this concept off each other -- they somehow were driven to this little run. They have been fighting a lot lately (Littlest is learning how to push Eldest's buttons), but they still are each other's favorite playmate.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer, Day 8

Vacation finale

Nine days after the solstice