Better hallway vision

Lori is on a business trip this weekend, so it's just the boys and I. Another snowstorm rumbled through yesterday, dropping about 5 inches of snow in our neighborhood. Michael had a basketball game yesterday and practice today. I made the boys sliders, tater tots and edamame (which I call edadaddy if I make it) for dinner tonight. I played "Skylanders." We went to a birthday party for a 2-year-old and watched "The Amazing Race." We are going to a Jazz game Monday night.

But clearly, the event most clearly on my mind this weekend was something I purchased. At age 42, I bought my first pair of reading glasses.

I've blogged before about my deteriorating ability to read with my contacts in my eyes, and it hasn't improved. But I discovered how much easier it it with the reading glasses Lori bought. So, I bit the bullet and bought a pair for $5.88 at Walmart. The glasses are not that strong but help just enough to read to the boys or to decipher small print on my phone. Still, they were wonderful when I read a chapter from "How to Train Your Dragon" to the kids last night.

My eyes are getting older. Denying that is just short-sighted (oh, I'm so sorry I just typed that). The march of time trots along. Most of it I'll fight. This was an easy surrender.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer, Day 8

Vacation finale

Nine days after the solstice