Summer 2020: Day 2

Years ago, I bought a portable fire pit. In my few attempts, I never could get enough of a blaze going to call my conflagration an actual campfire. Several years passed until I tried it again.

Hurray for the internet, because with a simple Google search, I figured out what I had been doing wrong, set up the proper tinder, kindling, and firewood, and built a fire that we were able to roast marshmallows on.

Michael, Ben, and I sat around the fire in the driveway, made s'mores (although Michael just ate marshmallows without toasting them) and talked for about an hour. I felt like I was in the woods around a real campfire for a little while, and it definitely felt like summer.

The rest of our Sunday was nice. I found a New York Times for Lori at Dan's and bought her a latte at Starbucks. I mowed the backyard and saw that the EZ Seed is growing in nicely in some spots. I watched "Rocketman" and "Back to the Future" and took a relaxing nap. I made a mostaccioli bake for dinner, then took Popcorn for a long walk. Then, we built the fire.

Now that I know what I'm doing, I want to build a fire every couple weeks. I don't even mind the smoky smell in my clothes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer, Day 8

Vacation finale

Nine days after the solstice