Summer 2020: Days 38-44

This is my 1,000th post in 13-plus years of this blog, and ironically, it comes at the end of a week in which I wasn't too inspired to write.

Everything was just a little frantic last week, with the short schedule, my coworker/counterpart leaving the company, and watching Michael in the Big Mountain Jam. The energy wasn't there to write in the evening, even though I didn't work Friday for the holiday observed, and yesterday for the Fourth of July.

The heat returned in a big way, and some of my new grass that I worked so hard to grow is wilting. Independence Day was weird because there were no celebrations, no neighborhood parade, no organized fireworks. It didn't even feel like a holiday. Ben and I went for a short drive up Emigration Canyon and took some pictures at the top, which was enough to feel summery for a little bit in the evening (and listened to Dickie Goodman novelty songs on the way back).

Michael's team went 2-3 in the tournament but played hard. Ben went to Cowabunga Bay for a socially distant waterpark birthday on Friday. I ran a couple times this week, but again, life was so busy that I didn't get out as much as I wanted to. "Hamilton" debuted on Disney Plus on Friday, and I watched it and liked it; Lori may have watched it as many as five times by now ...

After basketball yesterday, I was lazy inside. Today, I officially relaxed, outside. We filled up the kiddie pool I bought back in May, and I did logic puzzles in the sun, dunked myself in the pool (not easy because it's not more than 15 inches deep ), and had a waterfight with Ben. I grilled flank steak for dinner, Ben and I watched "Jackass 3" (don't ask why ...), and I got the dog on a short walk.

I'm hoping the next thousand posts don't take 13 more years.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nobody did it better

Seems like yesterday, but it was long ago

Another Saturday night, and I ain't got nobody