Summer 2020: Days 38-44

This is my 1,000th post in 13-plus years of this blog, and ironically, it comes at the end of a week in which I wasn't too inspired to write.

Everything was just a little frantic last week, with the short schedule, my coworker/counterpart leaving the company, and watching Michael in the Big Mountain Jam. The energy wasn't there to write in the evening, even though I didn't work Friday for the holiday observed, and yesterday for the Fourth of July.

The heat returned in a big way, and some of my new grass that I worked so hard to grow is wilting. Independence Day was weird because there were no celebrations, no neighborhood parade, no organized fireworks. It didn't even feel like a holiday. Ben and I went for a short drive up Emigration Canyon and took some pictures at the top, which was enough to feel summery for a little bit in the evening (and listened to Dickie Goodman novelty songs on the way back).

Michael's team went 2-3 in the tournament but played hard. Ben went to Cowabunga Bay for a socially distant waterpark birthday on Friday. I ran a couple times this week, but again, life was so busy that I didn't get out as much as I wanted to. "Hamilton" debuted on Disney Plus on Friday, and I watched it and liked it; Lori may have watched it as many as five times by now ...

After basketball yesterday, I was lazy inside. Today, I officially relaxed, outside. We filled up the kiddie pool I bought back in May, and I did logic puzzles in the sun, dunked myself in the pool (not easy because it's not more than 15 inches deep ), and had a waterfight with Ben. I grilled flank steak for dinner, Ben and I watched "Jackass 3" (don't ask why ...), and I got the dog on a short walk.

I'm hoping the next thousand posts don't take 13 more years.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer, Day 8

Vacation finale

Nine days after the solstice