Summer 2020: Day 59

The fourth day of staycation was a pool day. Sort of ...

The inflatable pool sprung a little leak, then overflowed, then lost more air. I enjoyed the water as much as I could, but gave up after a couple hours. I'll figure out how to patch the leak and make sure it fills up evenly next time.

Still, I enjoyed my afternoon outside. The water was shockingly yet wonderfully cold on a 99-degree day, and even after I emptied the pool, I was hosing myself down whenever I overheated. I began reading The Firm again (I think I last read it in 1993 and recently rewatched the movie), did some logic puzzles (note I didn't say solved ...) and napped. All of this on a Monday!

I ran in the morning, then walked the dog in the evening. Ben had swim and Michael worked, so we didn't have too much space to do something vacation-y. My time in the sun and the water was sufficient.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer, Day 8

Vacation finale

Nine days after the solstice