Summer 2020: Days 85-93

I'm not ready for summer to end, but egad, I've hit the dog days. The heat this past week has been deflating. Wildfires in California have sent smoke and haze to Utah, giving the Salt Lake Valley an almost overcast hue. I'm finding little motivation to write outside of work (and even for work ...). I feel so chunky right now but haven't figured out quite how to eat healthier and get more exercise (the pollution isn't helping). And I'm just tired.

The boys returned to classes, and the first week went well. They were in school only Monday and Tuesday, but they figured out the remote learning quickly (and our internet bandwidth was tested). We went for our traditional hike to the H Rock to watch the sunset before their first day, which was nice -- plus, the dog was so happy to finally do something beyond a little walk for the first time since her surgery.

I wish I had more to write about, but the week really was uneventful and uninspiring. This weekend was lazy, which was fine. The crickets are chirping tonight. They don't know that fall is on its way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer, Day 8

Vacation finale

Nine days after the solstice