Summer 2020: Days 98-101

The heat really broke today, to the point I'm sitting outside and needed a blanket for my feet and you could be fooled that fall has begun. It hasn't, but this was the last day of August.

My Monday was a Monday -- wishing the weekend had lasted one more day, and not getting a whole lot done as I oriented the upcoming week. The weekend was fine and mostly uneventful. Lori and I went to Costco on Saturday, and the boys and I went to the used video game store after Michael bought an Xbox 360 at a yard sale. I bought Riddle of the Sphinx, Joust, and Moon Patrol for the Atari 2600.

Sunday, I did some yardwork and watched "The Other Guys" on Netflix (recommended from a friend). Friday was like an admin day for work, which was a welcome break from a lot of writing.

This cool weather isn't expected to last, which is fine -- I'm not in a rush for fall. I bought a new pair of wireless earbuds, and wore them this morning while on a long walk with Popcorn. The sound and the cool morning air felt great. The day before I ran in the morning. I could get used to these routines for September.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer, Day 8

Vacation finale

Nine days after the solstice