Summer 2020: Days 102-107

Another fast week as summer hurtles toward its conclusion. Even without much chauffeuring and running around, the work week zipped by -- it's been quite odd how the next weekend arrives before I get into a groove. 

My brain is back in fantasy football mode -- this took awhile in 2020, but with my main league's draft last Thursday, I needed to get up to speed quickly. A few mock drafts helped narrow my focus, and I ended up with a team I'm generally happy with. 


Here we are on Sunday after a somewhat boring weekend. Today was the final day of the Gillespie Redneck Swim Club before a put the pool away for the summer (and yes, another feet-by-the-kiddie-pool selfie is in order). I grilled the last two nights; we ordered The Pie on Friday. The heat returned, which made the cold dunkings in the kiddie pool all the more refreshing.

I'm already looking ahead to next weekend and realizing, September will be almost halfway done after that weekend ends. Basketball and swim seasons will be here before we know it.

I'm typing from the porch tonight, and the moon is blood red as it is rising over the mountains. Haze and smoke moved in mid-afternoon, which sucks for air quality but is incredible for this lunar show. I could make an observation that this red moon is a celestial indicator of the tense summer we're all dealing with, but I'm content to just enjoy the view and appreciate that I get to see it. I don't want to look back on summer 2020 as a disappointment, but rather, remember the many fun experiences we've had, from hiking up mountains to looking at the skies to putting my feet in a kiddie pool to relax on a hot day. So many adventures await -- tomorrow, this week, this month, for the rest of 2020, and beyond!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer, Day 8

Vacation finale

Nine days after the solstice