Summer 2022: Days 35-41

The first week of Joe-batical were an outstanding combination of productivity and relaxation. I started and finished a few projects, including streamlining and cataloging our DVDs, installing hooks on the garage to hang a sun shade over Michael's garden, sifting through books to donate, finally using Time Machine on my Mac, and other smaller initiatives. I also tested out the new lawn chair I got for Father's Day. And yesterday, the boys and I saw Styx, REO Speedwagon, and Loverboy at USANA Amphitheater. 

What I haven't done much the last week is actually write, which I'm hoping to get going this week. Reviewing the past several days, the weather has been infernally hot (and getting worse this week as we head for consecutive days over 100), I've watched several movies (including "This Is Where I Leave You," "Tango and Cash" and "Rachel Getting Married"), and seemed to go to a store every day. Tomorrow, I may need to go again to buy a new smoke detector for one that was on the fritz that we had to throw out.

I've also napped periodically. That's been nice.

One week down, five to go. Last week was the warm-up -- this week is looking great.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer, Day 8

Vacation finale

Nine days after the solstice