Ski season approaches

We live in Utah, but our family are barely skiers. Wife went a few times in the first few years we lived here, and I went twice, taking lessons both times. Then we had kids and I haven't gone since.

As I type this, I'm looking at the used pair of skis we bought Eldest. We've been promising he could try skiing for a couple years now, but we haven't taken him or signed him up for lessons -- falling into the same no-time trap that has kept us from going skiing. So, we bought the skis, thinking this would force us to get him started. Many of his friends his age already are skiing, and we know he'd love it, so we made the commitment by buying the used skis. We figure he'll be able to pass them to Littlest, though I'm not sure if Littlest will be as enthused (he's more of a climber than a speedster).

And maybe, we'll go again, too. I took the lessons six years ago believing that I'm never going to get the opportunity to ski so easily (the resorts here are so close) if we ever moved. I don't like going fast, and I hate the ski lifts with no safety bars, but I wanted to give it a try, and for those two times, it didn't suck. I can see Eldest becoming a good skier, so I may have only a couple years before he's skiing black diamonds while I'm stay on the green circles.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer, Day 8

Vacation finale

Nine days after the solstice