Hello 2012

For the first of my goal of 200 posts for 2012, I'm merely going to summarize the first days of the year (and the last day of the last).

We had an enjoyable New Year's Eve as a family. We saw "The Adventures of Tintin," came home and made pizza for dinner, Michael and I watched "Fellowship of the Ring," and we set our sights on midnight. The boys wanted to stay up, and amazingly, they made it, helped by a long session of Lego Harry Potter (Years 1-4) on the Wii. Midnight came, we made some noise, and then we got them to bed.

Unfortunately, they woke up early the next morning, though I got to sleep in. We weren't too active on Sunday/New Year's Day. The highlights: watching NFL games, doing laundry and taking the dog to the park. I worked last night, the last NFL Sunday of the regular season. Out of six fantasy football leagues, I'm happy to say I finished in the top four in five of them and won two.

Today, the last day before the boys start school, was equally as uneventful. Lori had to work for a few hours, and I took the boys to get haircuts and then lunch at Costa Vida. Lori made a spoon roast for dinner and watched Wisconsin lose the Rose Bowl. I'm typing right now but am going to go to bed soon so I'm rested for tomorrow -- I'm co-oping at school. The chaotic fun that is life amps up again tomorrow. Welcome, 2012. It's been fun so far.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer, Day 8

Nine days after the solstice

Treants