Summer 2017: Days 83-90

The week after vacation. The week before school starts. The week I try to re-establish a routine, only to re-establish it again when the boys' summer break ends.

We didn't do a heck of a lot these past eight days. I worked. Lori worked hard to get herself back into a groove. Ben played with his friend Ethan a lot. Michael was a lazy teenager but did get some work done. Soccer started this week, and we had two practices and our first game in the new league (lost 6-3). Michael had a basketball training session today and has two weeks to get back into a rhythm before tryouts.

I walked Popcorn almost every day this week -- long walks. I feel like I gained 10 pounds on vacation. Lori, Ben and I played board games this week, including Settlers of Catan and Patrician.

Today we spent a few hours by our friends with a pool. Then we, as a family walked to the H Rock.

Michael isn't too thrilled to be starting school tomorrow. Ben is happy to get back but sad that summer vacation ended. He said he loved this summer, and remembered how I once told him my summer after fifth grade was my favorite growing up. I hope he's not sad that he thinks they are downhill from here, but he (really, both boys) created many incredible memories on this summer break. I tried to cheer him up that sixth grade is going to be great for him. He nonetheless was having trouble falling asleep.

Oh, Ben and I bought the last of our school supplies today at Walmart. If that isn't a sure sign that summer is winding down, I don't know what is.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer, Day 8

Nine days after the solstice

Treants