Summer 2018, days 1-25

Oops.

In summers past, I enthusiastically blog every day (or as much as possible), highlighting all the great moments of my favorite time of year. And each year, I artificially pick some day in May that feels summery and declare it the first day of summer. So imagine my surprise when I got to June and realized ... I missed picking a first day of summer, much less blogging about it.

The last few weeks have been busy for sure. Ben's birthday was May 19, with my mom and stepdad in town for Michael's confirmation. School ended, and we enjoyed a fun Memorial Day weekend Saturday followed by two rainy days. Michael graduated eighth grade, and then had a basketball tournament the next day. Ben had a swim meet and Michael already has had two. The weather got really hot, killing some of the new grass I had been growing. I've resumed working from the pool in the morning and in the backyard or porch in the afternoon.

And just like that, we're nearly halfway through June. I've always lamented that the first couple weeks of the boys' summer vacation goes so fast, and before you know it, you are in July and already think about summer ending. Michael starts high school on Aug. 10, so it's going to go by really fast ...

But at least now, I'm documenting summer, establishing that Ben's birthday was Day 1. Day 25 featured Michael swimming both practice in the morning and a meet in the evening. He did all right, still getting back into shape. Ben had swim in the practice. I worked from home all day and at the meet. And the next wave of heat is coming.

Good to be on track finally. Now to have an interesting, documented summer!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer, Day 8

Vacation finale

Nine days after the solstice