Summer 2018: days 28-31

How can four days be busy and relaxing at the same time? Let me tell you ...

Friday was a certification day for work, in which we all just train toward the various certifications the software our agency uses offers. This isn't an easy day, but it's a mellow day -- a chance to kick back and not worry about deadlines. The little break was more than welcome, and I managed to take four certification tests.

Saturday, I dropped Ben off at swim practice and checked out some yard sales. Didn't find too much, but did pick up the last four seasons of "Friends" that I didn't have on DVD yet. Also found two records at Deseret Industries. After I picked Ben up, we met Lori and Michael and Fort Douglas Days, then went to Red Robin for lunch. The afternoon was sort of productive (trimming weeds and resetting the wasp traps, though I spilled wasp attractant on me), and Lori, Ben and I made a quick trip to Costco before it closed later. Ben and I finished the evening by playing Smash Up.

Sunday was Father's Day, and it was enjoyable. Lori made breakfast and we all ate outside at our patio table. I took the boys on a quick bike ride on the new trail by our house, then to the game store. Along the way we saw a small wildfire in Hidden Hollow, and I called 911 (though we could hear the sirens after I did; someone already called it in). By the time we headed back from the game store, firefighters had already put the little blaze out before it burned all of Hidden Hollow. I lounged in the sun for a little while (damn clouds rolled in for the first time in days) and then grilled ribs for dinner.

Monday was a long day of work -- necessary because Michael has a basketball tournament later this week. But, I sat in the yard for some it (and the heat had subsided so it felt nice), and I took Popcorn for a long walk in the evening.

And there it is -- a long four days that were fun, busy, and left me recharged. The summer rolls on ...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer, Day 8

Vacation finale

Nine days after the solstice