Summer 2018: Days 88-94

Another week down. It's at that point of summer when I'm sad that I know it's coming to an end, but I'm ready for the routine of fall. Just a few weeks left, and that feeling of inevitability and focusing on the next thing is setting in.

The last seven days weren't that eventful anyway. Ben started school today; Michael has survived his first whole week of high school. Lori and I went to the parent orientation on Friday and stayed for the football game (which Judge lost 41-0, but we only stayed for half when a thunderstorm moved through; it was only 13-0 at halftime, and I was surprised they even got the second half in.

Ben's first soccer practices of the season were last week, and his first game was Saturday (we lost 8-3; we need more work passing and getting back on defense). The two of us played many board games the last week. I lounged in the yard a little bit over the weekend, and it felt good. The weather cooled off a little, and the haze set in over the weekend, again. We all walked to the H Rock on Sunday night, and you could barely see the sun through the pollution.

Today I worked all day, went to Smith's in the evening, and just took Popcorn for a walk. I'll listen to some music and do a logic puzzle in the humid night air before turning in. I'm planning to make the most of these last couple weeks, but I'm also going to not fret the fall.

One other thing -- egad, Ben is a seventh-grader. Time is flying.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer, Day 8

Vacation finale

Nine days after the solstice