Summer 2019: Day 2

Finally, a Sunday with few responsibilities and nice weather. I was out and about early, taking the dog for a walk around Sugar House Park while listening to songs from 1981 on Amazon Music. After getting home and showering, I took Michael to the JCC for a basketball training session. I lounged by the pool, and though I didn't jump in (I did cool off under the mushroom fountain briefly), it felt great to relax in the sunshine.

After we got home, Lori, Michael, and I went to the Nike Outlet to get him new basketball shoes, then to TJ Maxx, Kohl's, and Harmon's. I grilled tri-tip for dinner and it turned out great. We watched the latest episode of "The Amazing Race." Ben and I played Ticket to Ride: Pennsylvania and cribbage to wrap up the day, just as a thunderstorm rolled through. The timing for a great Sunday was excellent.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer, Day 8

Vacation finale

Nine days after the solstice