Summer 2019: Days 24-29

The week was long. The week went fast. Let's recap:
  • Work was predictably busy after getting back from a couple vacation days. Our company schedules a certification day in which we are encouraged to amass HubSpot certifications as well as partake in other learning opportunities; that was Friday which kind of made the week not so crazy but is setting up next week to be busy.
  • We pulled off a little better-late-than-never birthday party for Ben on Wednesday. It was fun and I actually got a good chunk of work done. Also got to watch Michael at work lifeguarding. 
  • That same day, we saw my sister and her family here in SLC! They were driving through to a concert in Colorado and stayed at the KOA near downtown. We hung out for a few hours, the cousins swam and played basketball, and caught up after not seeing them I think in two or three years.
  • The heat returned to Salt Lake City this week ... and after the chilly Montana weekend, I'm not that sad about it.
  • The boys and I did yardwork Thursday, and I cleared out one of the sheds to clear out potential hiding places for a recently seen critter.
  • I was able to relax for an hour or so on my own at the pool Friday night.
  • Ben and I played Strat-o-Matic on Saturday as we watched two of the three Austin Powers movies on Netflix. I also grilled t-bone steaks for dinner.
That's really about it. I still need to do my annual solstice post even though it's been a week since the solstice. Maybe next week.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer, Day 8

Vacation finale

Nine days after the solstice