Summer 2019: Days 13-15

Thursday, Friday, Saturday. Water, sun, and summer.

Thursday, I tool Ben and two of his friends swimming while I mostly worked. Michael had basketball practice that evening out in West Valley, and a storm rolled in full of lightning and rain, though we didn't have to drive in it on the way home.

Friday, I tried wrapping up the work week, but it was a slog. I did hang out by the JCC pool during Ben's late afternoon practice and jumped off the diving board for the first time this year (yes, I can swim).

Today was blessedly relaxed, I canceled DirecTV yesterday but it doesn't shut off for a week, and today was dedicated to starting to watch the movies remaining on the DVR. I watched "Murder on the Orient Express," "Lucas," and "Band of the Hand." But the day was much more than that. I was up early and took Popcorn on a long walk. Later, I hit a few garage sales, then lounged in the backyard. We grilled flank steaks for dinner, and I took the boys for ice cream afterward.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer, Day 8

Vacation finale

Nine days after the solstice