Coronavirus Chronicles: Drive, nap, walk, write

After getting Michael out of the neighborhood Friday, Ben and I went on our own little adventure today. We drove down to Lehi, through Eagle Mountain, up to Tooele, and then to ... West Valley City. I was thinking maybe we could hike a little today, but the skies were alternately ominous and sunny, and Great Salt Lake Park looked a little crowded. So instead, we went to In 'n' Out near Valley Fair, via the efficient and socially distant drive-thru, and ate our lunch in the mall's parking lot as a seagull eyed the RAV4 longingly.

The sky was angry at the Pony Express Trail parking lot.
I swore I wasn't going to nap after we got home, but the Sunday need to doze overtook me, and I fell asleep a little longer than anticipated (hopefully, it doesn't ruin my sleep routine tonight ...). After a little yardwork, a little writing on the porch, and dinner, Ben and I went for a long walk with the dog. He said he had a good day -- he needed to get away as much as I did, if not more.

The rest of the evening has been mellow, writing and watching "Life in Pieces" reruns on Hulu. The workweek looks manageable -- a little busy, but nothing crazy, and well, the weeks have returned to normal speed and next weekend will be here before I know it. This four-day break wasn't quite super rejuvenating, but it has helped. Plus, I was able to spend time with the boys away from the house. No pandemic can diminish that. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer, Day 8

Vacation finale

Nine days after the solstice