Summer 2021: Day 40; Midwest Vacation: Day 9

Today was the last day of our trip, a flight home in the morning notwithstanding. The vacation went too fast, but they always do.

I started the day with a run through the woods, and the heat and humidity were already beginning to build at 8 a.m. I returned to my Dad's house and began to pack. After a shower, my friend Chris from the old neighborhood picked me up, and we bought Superdawg and brought it back to the house. Chris and I spend a couple hours catching up -- I hadn't seen him in at least a decade, and hanging out was nice.

My stepbrother was moving into a new apartment in Chinatown, and we helped him finish the move later in the afternoon. The view from his apartment of downtown is fantastic. Dinner was Giordano's pizza -- another Chicago favorite that I'm going to miss after today. Dad and Susy let me drive their Forester home, and Ben and I took the long way, going down Lake Shore Drive into Rogers Park, then cutting west to return to the house. The lake at this time of the early evening was nice, and we saw some sights we need to explore more on our next visit.

Ben and I walked to get ice cream to wrap up the night. I'm exhausted -- even though this trip was wonderful, I haven't slept well at all Sleeping in my own bed will be one thing I'm looking forward to when we get home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer, Day 8

Vacation finale

Nine days after the solstice