Summer 2021, Day 58; California vacation, Day 8

This trip wasn't long enough.

I'm glad we were able to combine my work retreat with a much-needed family vacation, but at least for me, it felt over before it started. We had one more adventure before leaving California -- we found the Brady Bunch house used in exterior shots (which has since been remodeled to look like the set on the inside. I snapped a quick picture and we were on our way back to Utah.

Although we made good time, the journey wasn't that crammed -- we stopped at Giordano's in suburban Las Vegas for the Chicago-style pizza Lori and Michael didn't get to enjoy this summer. After that, we zoomed back to Salt Lake City, stopping in St. George for gas and Beaver for a bathroom break. We listened to the rest of the Ready Player Two audio book along the way. The sun was still up when we pulled into our driveway. I wish we had more time for our trip, but being home feels good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nobody did it better

Seems like yesterday, but it was long ago

Another Saturday night, and I ain't got nobody