Summer 2014, days 43-46: The heat is on

I'm officially in severe catch-up mode with this blog. Here it goes:

These four days were so focused on getting everything done and everything ready before our vacation. I bulled through all the work projects I aimed to finish before we left -- this might have been the most concentrated burst of work I've achieved since becoming a freelancer. We needed to pack, get the house ready, drive the boys to all the various things they have (actually, not as much as earlier in the summer, just swim and basketball, plus some playdates, but still things we had to fit in) and manage to stay sane.

Fortunately, I got everything done that I needed to do. Everything got packed. We got Popcorn to the family who are watching her while we're gone. The boys had a swim meet Wednesday and did all right, each registering one season best, though I think they were thinking of our trip, too. We had some car trouble Monday that didn't get resolved until Tuesday, which only added to the chaos. And the serious heat that Salt Lake City endures every summer finally arrived.

We got through it all. Time for vacation.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer, Day 8

Vacation finale

Nine days after the solstice