Summer 2022: Days 58-63

The last month or so of summer has begun, and I'm of course wondering where July went. Although I feel like I've gotten much done the past month, and the break has been a bit rejuvenating, I also feel like I'm running out of time. The last couple days have been a bit lazier -- which is sort of the point of the Joe-batical -- but I'm looking to ramp things up this week.

Lori is on Costa Rica on a Pilates retreat. An opportunity came up for her to go on this trip kind of last minute, and she so deserves the adventure. The boys and I are holding down the fort while she's gone.

The heat finally broke today, and a thunderstorm rumbled through Salt Lake City tonight. I ran many errands over the weekend and am at a point I don't have to do much else this week. I was hoping to go to the pool last week, but it never worked out -- I did lounge in the sun in the backyard (and self-dunked with the hose to cool off) a few times instead. This is one of the things I enjoy every summer: basking in the heat that is missed the rest of the year, then cooling off, then repeat. I'm not sure if not being a swimmer as a kid reinforced that as an adult, but it is as summer to me as late sunsets, green trees, baseball, and vacations.

Not much else was notable the last few days. I ran this morning and was tired -- there was some unusual humidity (for SLC at least) and I hadn't been out in a few days. Michael and I went to IKEA on Saturday, which is always and adventure. I took the dog to the H Rock one evening to watch one of those summer sunsets.

And today, I got some stuff down but also lounged, watching "Spider-Man 2" (after watching "Collateral" yesterday). Maybe I'll blog about Tuesday and just Tuesday tomorrow night.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer, Day 8

Vacation finale

Nine days after the solstice