Summer 2022: Days 77-91

On schedule, my traditional summer blogging swoon!

I knew it had been a few days since I had written anything, but when I logged in tonight, I was stunned to discover two weeks had passed. I've been back at work, which has been all right. I've been preparing for a big structural shift that's almost here, and the last two weeks have been all devoted to that. The transition back wasn't jarring -- although I would have loved another three months of leave, the return hasn't been stressful.

Michael successfully moved into his dorm. He has been home off and on, so we're not feeling so abandoned. Having him close is nice. Ben is back in school and has been driving often -- hopefully he can get his license by November.

I've been running in the morning, avoiding the still brutally hot temperatures that show no sign of abating -- September will start with 100 degree-plus temperatures in SLC. This last weekend, I house-sit for some friends with a pool, which was nice and cooling.

Two fantasy football drafts are complete, two still to go. I'm getting antsy for the NFL season, even if that means the end of summer.

Yep. these past two weeks definitely feel like late August. The summer has been enjoyable, and it's not over yet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer, Day 8

Vacation finale

Nine days after the solstice