Summer 2022: Days 69-70

The day before vacation is always busy. Monday, I was busy with errands -- packing, getting a car wash, getting gas for the trip, stocking up on provisions for the drive, dropping off Popcorn, and so on. I went to bed early and slept mostly well for the first day of our trip.

Today, we hit the road by 10 a.m., driving from Salt Lake City to Steamboat Springs, Colorado. The trip took about seven hours, though we stopped in Heber City and Vernal. Most of the drive was on the two-lane U.S. 40, and it seemed I was stuck behind the same truck for 50 miles. (Admittedly, I hate driving and passing on two-lane highways.) The Airbnb we have is nice, though Ben and I were disappointed when the pool to the condo complex was closed and the hot tub wasn't so invigorating. 

We met Julie for dinner at Taco Cabo, then got ice cream on Steamboat's downtown strip. The town reminds me of a cross between Park City and Moab. After stopping at Safeway for a few extra provisions (including a delicious peanut butter milk stout), we returned to the condo for the night. I'm sitting outside in the coolness, though the mosquitos might drive me inside. But it was a good, albeit long, first day of our vacation.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer, Day 8

Vacation finale

Nine days after the solstice