Spring, Day 35

I co-op at the boys' school all day on Tuesdays. Usually, I enjoy it, but today, I was in a foul mood. My foot was numb from the herniated disc, kids weren't listening to me when I was helping in Literacy, the substitute teacher's surly mood was affecting me, Ben got really mad at a classmate picking on him, and Michael was annoying me during Math. We had a sports workshop today that I helped with, and that was fun and lessened my mood a little.

We got home, and after venting to Lori about the rough day, I managed 10 minutes of nap before we were out the door again, to the boys' swim practice. (Oh, did I mention the dog chewed the handle off her doggie bed in her crate today?) I had to take Michael out early so he could get to his baseball game, but of course, we got stuck in traffic. I had done some exercises for my disc, and though they pulled the numbness out of my leg, they made my left glutes hurt bad. Needless to say, I was still cranky.

Fortunately, watching and helping coach Michael's baseball game pulled me out of the funk. My back and leg started feeling much better -- better than it has in days (I guess the exercises, though initially painful, are working). Michael went 1-for-2 with an RBI. He struck out on his second at-bat against the pitcher lobbing in these high pitches that were too irresistible for him to not swing at (a memorable paraphrased quote from "A League of Their Own" came to mind: "Can't hit them, can't lay off them). Two of his teammates who are better hitters struck out with the high cheese, before finally, another teammate connected, hit a grand slam, and made the score 18-6, which was the final.

I picked up Chipotle for dinner, ate it at home, took the dog for a walk, and got on the computer to continue the photo-scanning project. Hurray for days that improve as the hours pass.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer, Day 8

Vacation finale

Nine days after the solstice