Summer 2014, Day 23

I wanted to go for a hike with my family on Father's Day. My family obliged.

The morning was a little cloudy, and I was a little concerned that the day would stay that way (the mountains are at a higher risk of lightning strikes even when it's not raining). The alternate plan was to see "How to Train Your Dragon 2." But the skies cleared up enough for the hike, and it wasn't even too hot today -- this was perfect summer hiking weather. We went up Rattlesnake Gulch to the Salt Lake Valley Overlook in Millcreek Canyon -- a hike I've done maybe three times already this year but never disappoints. I actually caught a little glimpse of a rattlesnake on the weeds off the trail; Popcorn briefly investigated some rustling, and I only saw a little of the body (and heard no rattle) to quickly shoo her off back onto the trail. The rest of the hike was great. I'm happy we got to spend the time together on the trail instead just the dog and me.

We picked up Barbacoa on the way home. The rest of the day was a lazy-ish Sunday. I got a little work done, the boys played with a neighbor, and we watched Game 5 of the NBA Finals (the Spurs won the series). Lori made a delicious breakfast of French toast, egg muffins, and bacon (I only got two slices -- the boys went a little bacon crazy ...). And that was it for Father's Day, and it was good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer, Day 8

Vacation finale

Nine days after the solstice