Summer 2019: Day 69, Vacation Day 8

I slept late this morning. I napped twice -- good, refreshing naps. I took ibuprofen and acetaminophen. And ... I'm finally feeling better. Maybe I was just tired; this has been a long trip already. The flip side of this recovery day is that I didn't get to much Chicago stuff, which is OK. Lori and my dad (with Michael driving) picked up Superdawg for lunch, and that was excellent. I took a nap afterward.

Later in the afternoon, I went with Lori back to Milwaukee for a meetup of some of her high school classmates. She always seems to miss these informal gatherings, so she was looking forward to finally attending one to reconnect in person with people she is connected to only on social media. The evening was fun. I didn't drink but had several sodas to keep me awake and perky -- I was nervous the fever might come back. Lori had a blast reminiscing with friends. The gathering was atop the Kempton Hotel in the Third Ward, and the view of the sunset -- that I haven't seen in a long time -- was nice. After a few hours, we drove back to Chicago.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer, Day 8

Vacation finale

Nine days after the solstice