Summer 2019: Day 74, Vacation Day 13

This trip has simultaneously gone too fast and lasted forever. And it begins to wrap up tomorrow.

I think once we got to Chicago, everything sped up. Being under the weather didn't help. The last few days have been mellow, and I''m torn between being annoyed by that and kind of relieved.

I'm on my dad's porch for one last time, writing, and watching the busy spider rebuild its web again. I'll stay out here a few extra minutes after I'm done with the post, then go to bed, get up early, and hit the road for Utah.

Lori and I went for a long walk this morning, into Bunker Hill and then crossing over into Wildwood. For lunch, we met my friend John at Taco Burrito King. The rest of the day wasn't too exciting. Lori and I went to Aldi to stock up for the trip. I walked the dog with Dad, Ben, and my nephews. And we prepared for our departure.

All vacations end. Technically, I have two more days, but leaving this place is always bittersweet. But I'm also ready to be home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer, Day 8

Vacation finale

Nine days after the solstice