Summer 2019: Days 81-84

This was the last trip of the summer: four days in San Diego (Del Mar, to be exact) for my company retreat.

I was determined to enjoy these four days, not just with hanging out with my coworkers and lapping up the luxury of a five-star hotel, but also to take advantage of the limited summer I have left.

After arriving at the hotel and checking in (and gawking at the room), I put on swim trunks, called a Lyft, and headed to the beach. I was only there about 90 minutes, and it took a good 20 minutes before I warmed up enough to jump into a wave after wading into the water, but the ocean felt ... nourishing.

I got a little drunk one night (my tolerance isn't what it once was ...) and swam in the pool and soaked in the hot tub a few times. One morning, I tried a Fit Float class that was fun but challenging -- I was in the water (and not on the board) a lot. Socializing with friends was the best part of the trip.

An indicator of how much I enjoyed the experience (minus the trip to the racetrack; I had contemplated sneaking out but decided it was still a chance to hang out, even if I refused to watch the races) was the balcony to my room. In past retreats, sitting on the balcony and listening to music was soothing and relaxing. This year, I barely had time or energy to do so ... and I didn't mind.

Returning to Salt Lake, I have a whole weekend before work begins. Summer isn't quite over yet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seems like yesterday, but it was long ago

Nobody did it better

50 for 50: 1985