Summer 2019: Days 81-84

This was the last trip of the summer: four days in San Diego (Del Mar, to be exact) for my company retreat.

I was determined to enjoy these four days, not just with hanging out with my coworkers and lapping up the luxury of a five-star hotel, but also to take advantage of the limited summer I have left.

After arriving at the hotel and checking in (and gawking at the room), I put on swim trunks, called a Lyft, and headed to the beach. I was only there about 90 minutes, and it took a good 20 minutes before I warmed up enough to jump into a wave after wading into the water, but the ocean felt ... nourishing.

I got a little drunk one night (my tolerance isn't what it once was ...) and swam in the pool and soaked in the hot tub a few times. One morning, I tried a Fit Float class that was fun but challenging -- I was in the water (and not on the board) a lot. Socializing with friends was the best part of the trip.

An indicator of how much I enjoyed the experience (minus the trip to the racetrack; I had contemplated sneaking out but decided it was still a chance to hang out, even if I refused to watch the races) was the balcony to my room. In past retreats, sitting on the balcony and listening to music was soothing and relaxing. This year, I barely had time or energy to do so ... and I didn't mind.

Returning to Salt Lake, I have a whole weekend before work begins. Summer isn't quite over yet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer, Day 8

Vacation finale

Nine days after the solstice