Summer 2019: Day 65, Vacation Day 4

For the Northern Wisconsin segment of our vacation, I jumped in a lake today. Check that off the mandatory to-do list ...

Lori's sister, brother-in-law, and nephew had been camping in the U.P. and spent the day with us before heading back to Milwaukee. They arrived earlier than I expected, but we made the most of their arrival. First, we headed down the road to the farm, which Michael and Ben hadn't seen in years. After getting back to the house, we quickly went to Dollar General to buy some sunscreen, then prepared to walk over to the beach in town on Maple Lake.

The water was a little cool at first but not too bad. What I didn't like was the bluegills -- I've never seen this many fish in a lake that I was swimming in. I'll be honest: The city boy in me didn't like it. Ben and his cousin thought it was totally neat. Eventually, I finally dove in from my wading position, but that was enough of Maple Lake for me.

After a couple hours, we walked back to the house. My brother-in-law grilled an early dinner, and I enjoyed two Leinenkugel's Cream Dark lagers. Lori's nephew is staying in Three Lakes with us for a couple days, and after his parents left, we all walked into town for ice cream. Back at the house, we watched "America's Got Talent" to wind down.

What was also nice about today, besides my brief fishy foray into the lake, was that it didn't rain. Hopefully that holds up tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer, Day 8

Vacation finale

Nine days after the solstice